Other benefits of speaking include:
- One complimentary guest pass plus a 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2019 on the registration page. To request the guest pass, send the guest's name, job title, company, phone number, and email address to Dawn Walton.
- Access to all onsite receptions, exhibitions, entertainment, keynotes, co-located conferences, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Exposure and awareness of your work within the industry by having:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the event websites.
- Your session promoted in all event marketing materials and promotion.
- Your latest innovations and expertise, and your company's leadership, presented before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field.
Speaker To-Do List & Deadlines
Please carefully review the deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers.
- Check your speaker profile for accuracy. Provide your bio and photo if you haven't yet.
- Check your session description for accuracy.
- Download and return the speaker agreement.
- Book your travel and make hotel reservations.
- Promote your presence with the official hashtags #TBS19 and #EVT19.
- Additional A/V requests due (see standard offerings below).
- Signed speaker agreement due to Dawn Walton
- Presentation slides due to Dawn Walton.
- Last day to submit presentation changes.
- Show begins
- Show concludes
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
All slide submissions must follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly may not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Download the Speaker Presentation Template to use for your content
- Use this file name convention when submitting your slides: Novi19_FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, email the revised PDF and PPT to Dawn Walton to expediate the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
By agreeing to share your knowledge and expertise as a speaker, you're making a positive impact on the engineering community. You've also become a vital part of the conference and thus, you play an important role in event marketing.
Leading up to the event, our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation in The Battery Show and the Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo. Your name, a short biography, and the photo you supply will be used on our marketing platforms including the show website and social media.
If you're active on social media, we hope you'll share that you'll be speaking at our event and include our hashtags in your posts. To help you engage with your network, we've prepared a couple sample tweets.
Turnkey Twitter Posts
- Excited to be speaking at #evt19 on Sept 10! See you there...
- #TBS19 is going to be the best yet! I'll be speaking at The Battery Show on September 10. See you at the conference.
The world wants to hear about you and how you're influencing your industry. If you're willing and available, we hope you'll speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and your conference session. Take advantage of this opportunity to get media exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you. It will be shared on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
Please note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
- Be sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact Dawn Walton.
- Do not include sales pitches and commercial information in your presentations. Our conferences provide educational and informative presentations. Speakers who include self-promotional content may not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact Client Services.